In other news, he doesn't really seem to like his boots (he's been kicking at the back ones and rubbing at the front ones) and since i'm starting to get the hang of polo-wrapping, I think we'll switch to those. Tomorrow we'll be off to Greenhawk for some more shopping, and hopefully this time we'll get the right girth!
Monday, November 12, 2012
These Boots Were Made for Walking
Another day, another ride! Despite the pouring rain, we went to see Darr today, and he was his usual good self. He didn't object too much when I kept him from his grain, and other than some head-swinging (he was very interested in the horse in the stall beside us who was intent on guarding his food) while I fumbled around with the bridle, he was a good boy. He was a little restless in the ring and I think he's about ready to start trotting soon, and we'll probably do some on Saturday. The arena was very crowded today, but he handled it like a pro.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds good about the boots. You can just take the back ones off altogether if you like - he certainly doesn't need them for walking. And then polos on the front, or maybe take a look and see if you can find something at Greenhawk. These look decent but are no longer on sale: http://greenhawk.com/wdItemDesc.asp?strilhID=Web&strmdNumber=BOE2728&stricSKU=BOE2728
ReplyDeleteAnd somewhere I had Boogaloos, which would have been perfect, but they seem to be missing :(
I will post some trot work soon! Have fun this week!!
Correction - those boots are on sale but they were on for less - $29 - I actually went to get them at the Royal but they were sold out. I should have asked for a raincheck!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the info about the boots, Jenny!
ReplyDeleteI've been trying all week to post comments to your posts with my Wordpress profile, with no luck, so I've finally given up and am resorting to a Google profile. Sheesh. I have so many online presences, I wish that I could have just one ID!
Looking forward to your notes on trotting and the next stage of the talented Darr's program.