Sunday, November 18, 2012

Schedule for November 19-25

Hi Lisa and Sarah,

I am forgot to hit publish on my last post attempt!  Sorry for the radio silence on this end :)

Mainly I was just going to say that for this week, it would be great if you could incorporate 30 second - 1 minute trot intervals into his walking.  I am thinking three sets would be good, with a few minutes of walking in between.  And then as before, no tight circles or abrupt movements as much as possible.

That's not great news that he appears stiff - was it just in general, or with respect to one leg, or his hind end or something, did Erin say?  And did it get any better as he continued?  I am just wondering if it is possible that he is a little lazy, or perhaps not fully comfortable without shoes on, or if indeed he has done something to himself... Keep me posted on that, and if it keeps up and you have video capabilities, would you mind taking a short video of it?

Talk soon!  Hope Sarah's play tied up well and she had fun.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenny, We were out to see Darr again today. He was moving a lot better in that rear area, still a wee bit stiff, but much improved. Erin's theory is that he maybe slipped or did something in the paddock (in the same way we humans might spazz out and give ourselves a mild sprain, I suppose, while running around in a field). Lesley thought he must have done something that day, because he was moving much better the following morning when they put him out.
    Also, Erin reports that he is galloping around and quite playful in the field. She keeps telling Sarah to trot more; and we tell her that we are following your plan :)

    Having said that, there is a reputable horse chiropractor coming to the barn on Wednesday. His name is Scott Hie. Erin spoke very highly of him and suggested that we have him take a look at Darr. I signed him up, subject to your input, of course. I see that Scott has lectured at Guelph (http://www.equineguelph.ca/news/index.php?content=292) so that would suggest that he's accepted there. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete